Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sourthern Style Pumpkin Crisp

This Pumpkin Crisp is amazing! I first tried this at my sister in-laws house on Thanksgiving, and immediately I  fell in love! It is so easy to make and travels very well if you are in need of a last minute dish to take somewhere or even a last minute dessert for those dinner plans your hubby forgot to tell you about. The best thing about this dessert is that most of the ingredients are in your pantry so there is no stress in making it. I recently took the Crisp to a Christmas party and had no leftovers to take home with me, I love it when that happens :).




Ingredients
  • 1  (15-ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1  cup  evaporated milk
  • 1  cup  sugar
  • 1  teaspoon  vanilla extract
  • 1/2  teaspoon  ground cinnamon
  • 1  (18.25-ounce) package butter-flavored yellow cake mix
  • 1  cup  chopped pecans
  • 1  cup  butter, melted

Preparation

Stir together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with Whipped Cream, if desired.

Heading into the oven.....




Above is a picture of the Crisp when it was done. It got a little browner than I wanted it to on the top and a few of the pecans got burned. I picked them off before taking to the party. My oven for some reason cooks a little hotter than I would like it to so about half way through the cooking time I put a piece of foil on top to protect it.

Hope everyone is enjoying this Holiday season!



2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for this recipe...thanks for posting. It is so easy and looks so good and I do have everything in my pantry!!

    http://bbonnieblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete