Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving

I am getting super excited about Thanksgiving. I have already bought all the things I need to make for the dishes I am taking to both families.  I have to make Green Bean Casserole, 2 Pumpkin Pies and a Chocolate pudding Pie.My family is super traditional when it comes to Thanksgiving, we always have the same dishes every year but each year I think they get better and better. Here is the normal run down of the table. A Turkey and a Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Green Bean Casserole, Peas, Stuffing, Cranberry sauce, Gravy, pickle and olive tray, jello salad, Brussels Sprouts, and Homemade Rolls. Desserts consist of at least 2 Pumpkin Pies, Pecan Pie, Coconut Pit, Lemon Pie, Pound cake, and my famous Choc Pudding Pie. But I think my 3 favorite things to eat on Thanksgiving are my moms sweet potatoes, homemade rolls and Pumpkin Pie Yum! I hope that one day I can cook as good as my mom. She is the best or maybe I am just by est because she is my mom. Whatever it is I love her cooking, but I guess being a good cook in my family comes with time. My grandma was my favorite cook when I was younger...I hope that I can make fried chicken like her one day I have tried several times and it just never comes out right. I think its all the love that's in her frying pan. :) Anyway where I was going with that is my mom had a great teacher, and I have a great teacher. My mom never measures anything! It drives me nuts I always try to follow a recipe to the T because I want everything to come out right, she is a little bit of this a little bit of that and it comes out perfect. Hopefully I can do that one day. What are your family traditions? What are some of your favorite things to eat on Turkey Day? I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with there family and I hope that one day I can keep the family traditions going in my home when I have a family of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment