Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Homemade Simmering Potpourri

I got this idea from my friend Jayne that lives across the street from me. She and her husband Chris invited us over one Sunday evening for dinner. And when we walked into there home it smelled so good I could hardly contain myself I had to find out what it was. And there it was on her stove I came to find this large pot of yummy goodness simmering away. A pot of cinnamon sticks, cloves and oranges. It smells just like Christmas! I was in love....

Here is what you need :

1 pot of water filled half way or a little more
6 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon of whole cloves (or a little more if you like)
2 or 3 oranges sliced in half
Bring to a boil and then turn it down to a simmer, as the water evaporates add a little more at a time if you wish.
If the aroma needs boasting as the day/night goes on add more ingredients.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! I have the glade-type plugins and find that because our living/kitchen area is so large that it really doesn't do anything. I'll definitely have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete